The program promotes the implementation of joint binational research projects in order to contribute to the retention of future young university teachers (e.g. during the doctoral phase) at the respective home universities. Support for young researchers of the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia) is carried out jointly by foreign and German university teachers using existing good professional relationships in one (or more neighbouring) disciplines between the German university and the foreign university.
The maximum duration of the scholarship for PhD students is 10 months and the scholarship includes a monthly grant of around 1000 Euro plus the mobility lump sums for each country are predetermined by the DAAD in the following amounts:
- Albania 525 Euro
- Bosnia and Herzegovina 525 Euro
- North Macedonia 550 Euro
- Serbia 425 Euro
The funding period begins on 01.09.2021 and ends on 31.08.2022. The scholarships within this program can be only granted when we receive funding by the DAAD which depends on a positive proposal evaluation.
Please note the following restrictions:
- PhD candidates have to be in the last stage of their PhD project (last year of writing a PhD thesis).
- Applicants who have already received funding are excluded from further applications.
- Research projects should deal with European or International Law.
In order for PhD students to apply they would need to submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CV (please use the attached form)
- Recent certificates
- Letter of recommendation by the supervising professor
- Proof of enrolment in PhD studies
- Research abstract (max. 5 pages) with the name of the supervising professor
- List of publications
In case the official documents cannot be provided in English, please send also a translation to English. No official attestation is needed.
The deadline for sending the documents is latest the 10 January 2021.